Monday, August 26, 2013

1st Day of School

I've been dreading this day since last year.  Bella started 2nd grade today and if that wasn't hard enough, my baby Jenna started Kindergarten today.  Where has the time gone and can someone please make it slow down??????

I have really tried the last few weeks to be excited about Jenna starting school because she is my more gentle, less independent child.  I knew I had to be strong or she wouldn't be.  So we started doing things like picking out backpacks and lunch kits and school supplies and shoes, then talking to big sister about what school is like and how much fun it's going to be.  Bella has been pretty great these last few weeks talking up how exciting school is and how much fun Jenna was going to have.

Last night several people from our church went to the different schools in our town and prayed at each one for the students, teachers, principals, staff, and everyone that would have any type of impact on our kids lives this school year.  Then when we got home, our family had a personal time of prayer and it was so sweet. I am so glad that we took the time to do that as a family.  Jenna's prayer was so sweet.  There is nothing like the faith of a child! NOTHING!

Jenna had a small breakdown after I put her to bed but once that was over she did fine! We got right up this morning, got dressed, had breakfast, took pictures, and headed to school.  Bella kept encouraging Jenna this morning and I am so thankful she did.  We got Bella dropped off at her class and then headed to Jenna's.  Her Gigi & Papa came along per her request. :) 

The drop off went surprisingly well.  I started getting teary eyed when she grabbed my neck and asked me to hold her. Of course I held her but started encouraging her and told her how much fun she was going to have.

When I picked the girls up, they came out of the school holding hands. It was so sweet! They got in the car and all in all had an awesome 1st day. Jenna is excited about going back and Bella had an awesome day and even met some new friends and she was very excited about that.

Not a bad 1st day and mommy held herself together pretty well too. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment