Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Time for Change

I've known for a while that I needed to make some major changes in my life as far as my health and weight go. 

I was very athletic growing up.  I remember playing soccer (yeah just for one season when I was 4), t-ball, coach pitch, slow pitch, volleyball, basketball, and ran track all in high school.  I was very active. I'm kind of short so extra weight always showed up pretty easily on me.  Luckily since I was involved in sports I was able to keep extra weight off most of the time.

Of course that all changed once I graduated and quit playing sports.  Over the last several years I've put on quite a few pounds and unfortunately they don't come off nearly as easily as they go on.

I finally decided to see a doctor a few weeks ago that I have heard great things about. I didn't want a doctor that would just prescribe me a pill or tell me well just do this diet.  I wanted someone who would listen to me, listen to my concerns, check my body out and find out why I was having some of the problems I've been having.  I found that doctor and I am so excited about the journey I'm on now.

I visited the doctor's office about 3 weeks ago and had about 5 tubes of blood drawn. After having 2 kids that really wasn't that much but it was quite a bit.  I made my follow up appointment for three weeks later and on March 28th I met with the doctor again to go over the results of my blood work.

All I can say is WOW! First of all I have never had a doctor actually show me my blood work results much less go over them line by line and answer every question that I had.  Dr. Rice did that.  I had about 6 or 7 pages where they tested my vitamin levels, my hormone levels, and all of the other typical stuff they test.  He showed me where I was having problems and the areas that we needed to fix quickly.  Then he prescribed me a 12 week program that he does that starts out with a 10 day detoxification. 

I started the 10 day detox today.  I know that the next 10 days are going to be hard.  I basically have to eat VERY clean. No meat other than fish, no sugar, no processed food.  I made it through my first day though and I am determined to make it through the next 9 days. Then I will get to incorporate a few foods back into my diet and start the 12 week program.

I've prayed and am continuing to pray that God will give me the strength to do this.  I know that I can and I am so happy now that I know what some of my issues are and that I know that Dr. Rice is going to help me get these issues fixed.

If you live in the Forney area and have any kind of health issues I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Rice at Forney Wellness. He doesn't focus just on weight but focuses on getting the body to operate the way it is supposed to.  Check him out and his health coach Ashley is an absolute doll and amazing as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment