Sunday, April 28, 2013

Wicked

Whew! Is it almost Monday already?? It seems like the weekends just fly by especially when we are having fun. The weather was gorgeous this weekend! This is my favorite time of year in Texas. Flowers are blooming, allergies are flaring, and by the middle of the week it will feel like winter again!  Seriously though I do love Spring in Texas!

Wednesday night I got a sweet deal from some friends who had purchased tickets for Wicked on Friday night and weren't going to be able to go.  I had 2 tickets. I had to make a decision. Do I go on a date with my hubby who isn't a big musical fan or do I take my youngest daughter who is OBSESSED with The Wizard of Oz? After much discussion Jim and I decided it made most sense for me to take Jenna.  We had a talk with Bella to make sure she understood why I was taking Jenna and not her and also to let her know that she and daddy would do something fun that night and before long I would take her on a mommy daughter date.

So Friday after work Jenna and I got all dolled up and headed to Fair Park Music Hall.  I'm not sure who was more excited, me or her! I've been wanting to see Wicked for a while. We went in and of course had to buy a nice program with all the pictures in it and then headed to go find our seats only to stumble upon the kiosks where they were selling all of the shirts and other goodies.  Jenna wanted a shirt so of course she got one. :) It pretty much sums up her life on the shirt...."I love Oz."

We went and found our seats which were amazing by the way. From the minute the musical started to the end Jenna's eyes did not leave that stage.  I wasn't sure how well she would do but figured it would keep her occupied the majority of the time. She has been quoting parts of the musical since we got home Friday night and asked when we were going in.

I believe I may have awakened a theater monster.....but I'm okay with that. :) I have always loved musicals and that sort of thing. 

It was a great weekend and luckily big sister was happy for little sister that she got to go. Now to just figure out something to do with big sister for our date night but I'm sure it won't be hard to find something.

No comments:

Post a Comment