Saturday, April 13, 2013

Strong Wills and AHA Moments

Our women's ministry at church had an amazing one day conference today at church. I love getting to spend time with the ladies in my church! It's amazing how different we can be yet all have this bond with each other. We had a great time and I am pretty sure every woman that attended came away from the conference with something amazing!

The part that stuck out to me the most was when our speaker was talking about. AHA moments. Those moments where you finally "get it." I've definitely had several of those in my life but have had a pretty big one recently.

As I've posted about recently, I'm seeing a new doctor to get control of my health before it starts controlling me. I've known for a long time that I needed to make changes in my life and habits but I also didn't really want to put the extra effort into it. I knew what I wanted to do and even knew what I needed to do but I had lots of excuses. A few weeks ago when I was sitting in my doctor's office going line by line through my blood work though I had an AHA moment. I need to make changes and I need to make them now. I'm not that bad off but to see how quickly I could be scared me. So I made a commitment right then that I was going to do whatever he and the health coach tell me to do.

The 1st step was the 10 day detox that I just completed. I had to eat very very clean for 10 days. We are talking fish, fruits and veggies and that was pretty much it. When Ashley told me that I thought Lord how am I going to do this? God didn't give me a strong will for no reason though. I made it through the 10 days and have felt so much better just in that short period of time! I can't imagine what I'm going to feel like when this 12 week program finishes.

Aside from the horribly disgusting drink I had to drink a couple of times a day, it wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought these 10 days were going to be.

I truly clung to Philippians 4:13 this week. "I CAN do all things through CHRIST who gives me strength." I discovered that God has given me a tool to use and that is my strong will. I haven't always used it for good but I believe HE gave me this tool for this very moment in my life.

I leave you with a picture of the horribly bad disgusting sand drink. 😀 And for the record I took the picture when I was almost done with the drink so just know there was a lot more of it in that cup 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment