Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer Nights and June Bugs

This week has been back to reality after vacation last week, this week was back to work for me & Jim and to Gigi & Papa's house during the day for the girls.  I've said it before and I will say it again I am beyond blessed that my mom keeps my girls for me.  I really don't know what I would do without her.

We haven't had a lot of fun time this week so tonight we decided to take the girls to a movie in the park in Rockwall.  We went to one a few years ago and thought it would be a lot of fun.  They were showing The Odd Life of Timothy Green, which we have all been wanting to see and since this was free and outdoors we thought it would be fun. 

We got there about 30 minutes before time for the movie to start, put the blanket out, and let the girls run around and play games for a few minutes. Bella found some hula hoops first thing so she was super happy.  She also found some Frisbee game to play that looked pretty fun and it was fun watching her play.  Jenna stayed closer to mommy and daddy. 

It got to be time for the movie to start so I grabbed my stash of glow sticks that I bought at Hobby Lobby for $.99!! I got 15 glow sticks for $.99.....that is much, much better than the prices they were selling them for at the movie. :)  The movie started and out came the june bugs. 

I wasn't thinking about the light from our glow sticks attracting the june bugs and Bella, well she was NOT having any part of them hanging out on our blanket.  She screamed and cried and whined and I finally gave in and said let's just go home, which started another whining and crying episode from Jenna.  I did promise her we would rent the movie at home and I would take her back to another movie in the park.

It was still a fun night, just got the fun cut a little short.  We are going to the rodeo tomorrow night so I'm looking forward to that.  I love getting to spend time with my girls!

 
Jenna is my little diva......she was at the movie high heels and all :)
 
 
Bella & the hula hoop - this girl has got some moves!!
 
 
Mommy & Jenna Bear
 
 
Mommy & Bella Boo!
 
 
 
Getting the glow sticks ready.....apparently for the june bugs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment